Friday, January 1, 2010

Lake Valhalla, Dec. 30, 2009

Awesome terrain, challenging snow.  Some new fluff on top of a very firm crust made for some difficult riding and a few crashes.  Where there was new snow, it wasn't bonded to the crust at all and it would just sluff off.  It wasn't really that bad, but I woke up with a sore throat and as the day went on I could feel myself getting sicker by the minute.  Our last run down to the valley bottom, a nice 1400 ft shot, was actually on decent snow that had accumulated during the day, but by this point I could only link about 4 turns in a row.  On the skin back out the creek, I had to resist the urge to lay down in the snow and take a nap.  Had some hot coco at a friends cabin, drove home, and passed out for 14 straight hours.

The video makes it look good, so maybe I'm exaggerating a bit...I guess I just prefer to only ride snow that's bottomless.  That's what happens; the more you do it, the more everything else sucks!

Z-bo finishing our first climb.




Lake Valhalla, Dec. 30, 2009 from Preston Few on Vimeo.

A frame grab. 

No comments:

Post a Comment